It's been about twenty years since the USA experienced the big energy crunch and the resulting flurry of alternate energy schemes. Sadly, interest in solar, wind and other sources quickly faded as Americans came to suspect that the crunch was more created than real, and abundant petroleum was again available, but at greatly increased prices. Teton Engineering Inc developed a 20,000 Btu (6000 watt) solar concentrator designed specifically for the backyard mechanic to build using simple construction and basic materials. The design was marketed all around the world while interest was high, but eventually that interest faded away. We continue to receive requests for the manual but it has been withdrawn from the market long ago due to the ever increasing litigious atmosphere in the USA. Searching the internet, we find very little information to help the non professional or hobbyist solar energy experimenter so have decided to contribute the successful design to the public domain without an obligation to provide support or expect compensation. This information is offered for historical interest.
Working with solar concentrators is VERY DANGEROUS.
- Teton Engineering contributes this lore into the public domain freely and without obligation. You are cautioned that it is experimental, unsafe, and just plain dangerous. You or others may be blinded, maimed or killed while working with this device. We do not certify the design as safe or adequate in any way and must be considered as experimental. We advise you to not undertake construction of this device without professional guidance. It is not the intent of this manual to offer this guidance, but merely to document a successful design that operated continuously from 1980 to 1987.
- TETON ENGINEERING INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENTS OR THE MANUSCRIPT, WHICH IS PROVIDED FOR USE "AS IS" AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TETON ENGINEERING INC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEB SITE, ITS CONTENTS, AND THE MANUSCRIPT.
- Statements, opinions, and information contained in this historical manual are from a very different litigious era and in all cases shall be superceded by this disclaimer.
- It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material in or on this Web Site.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall Teton Engineering or its officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors be liable for any damages of any kind or character including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character.
You have been warned of the hazards and advised of our relationship.
click here if you accept these terms.
I am retired so I'm not available for consulatation, but I'd enjoy
hearing from anyone that finds this historical information useful.
This site visited times since reset